Welcome survivors to another edition of The (Insert unit of time) Dead! Past weekly deads were skipped because updates were close to release. Speaking of updates being released, we’ve released 2 updates in this past week!
Update 4 was the inclusion of barricading, and was talked about in a vlog containing information about both Update 3 and 4.
The patch notes for update 4 posted for posterity’s sake.
Update 4 Patch Notes:
- Barricading is in, in basic. Hold middle click (or C) to grab a 2×4 board. With a hammer equipped, click to nail it to a surface.
- Various fixes to the way inventory works with networking
- Potential fix for a footstep sound bug
We hope you are boarding up your windows and doors. It won’t save you, but it may buy you time.
Update 5 was released this week as well. A very small update adding scopes to scoped weapons and some bug fixes. Patch notes as follows.
Update 5 Patch Notes:
- Scoped rifles now have visual scope overlays
- Some very small bug fixes related to aiming/zooming with scopes and various rifles.
2 updates in one weekly dead is pretty meaty I’d say. I mean, we got a whole game mechanic, and an immersion feature in one week!
As always, be sure to follow us on twitter @TheDeadLinger for more development news!
Linger on, Survivors!